MK Family Law provides international family law consulting services.
Why should you include MK Family Law in your international family law case?
- Get the law right.
- We have extensive networks to examine issues from all angles.
- We have the right resources to research issues thoroughly and we stay on top of legal trends in international family law.
- Understand the law.
- We are skilled at teaching so that you understand. We have designed the course on international family law, are co-authoring the textbook, and have taught law students, lawyers, and judges for years.
- Don’t be surprised.
- We have seen things that most family lawyers experience once in a career, ranging from foreign marriage contracts, abducted children, diplomatic immunity, service in a foreign country, obtaining discovery overseas, and numerous other things.
- Save your client money.
We focus on the umbrella of the multi-jurisdictional issues and help you coordinate a comprehensive case strategy. You focus on being a family lawyer.
What does a case look like if you hire MK Family Law?
- We will work with you to conduct an initial case assessment. We help you so that you are situating your client in the right court to address their issues and have pinned down the complex issues you will need to tackle.
- We help you create a strategy for your case and will help you determine, early on, who else your client will need on their team, including co-counsel in foreign countries and expert witnesses.
- We exercise our extensive network to help you build the best team for your case.
- We help with other necessary aspects of your case, such as serving process overseas, authenticating foreign documents for use at trial, and gathering evidence overseas.
- We will help throughout the case with drafting and research, so that you can best present the case to your judge.
- We help you develop options, paths to settlement, and, if the case won’t settle, best present your case at trial in the clearest and sharpest way for your judge.
- We help tie up the case at the end. Rarely are international cases done with a final court order. There will inevitably be issues related to recognition and enforcement, future modification, and jurisdiction.
- We help with research, drafting, and mooting if your case goes to appeal.