The Hague Conference on Private International Law published a toolkit that explores the application of the 1980 Hague Child Abduction Convention in the wake of COVID-19.
You can find the toolkit by going here. The toolkit pinpoints resources and publications provided by the HCCH that support a global response to the current pandemic.
The document highlights:
– focusing on each case individually (on a “case-by-case” basis)
– ensuring suitable contact between parents and children
– promoting mediation and other mechanisms to resolve these cases, including remote mediation
– sharing information and collaborating among judges and the Central Authorities
– putting in place practical door-to-door arrangements to ensure a child is returned safely
The document then provides hyperlinks to the relevant documents on the HCCH’s website that provides additional guidance.